Preparation: 30 min
Baking: 40 to 50 min
Ingredients for 6 persons
- 26 oz (750 g) lamb fillet
- 3 ‘Charlotte’ potatoes
- 1 ¾ oz (30 g) lightly salted butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (5 cl)
- 1 cup chicken broth (25 cl)
- a few sprigs of thyme
- Salt, pepper
Thyme lamb fillet with fried potatoes
1. Lather the lamb with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick pan (medium high heat) and sear on all sides.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Peel and rinse the potatoes, slice into very thin slices, preferably with a mandoline slicer.
3. Place the lamb fillet in a casserole. Sprinkle a few thyme leaves (don’t include the stem). Pour the broth in the casserole and layer potato slices around and on the lamb. Add a few small knobs of butter here and there, and 3 or 4 sprigs of thyme.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until potatoes turn a golden color. Pull the dish out from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes covered in a sheet of aluminum foil. Serve.
I have a questionAsk my question
I'd like to commentPost a comment
No comments yet – be the first to share your thoughts!