A garden furniture set is now a very convenient and ornamental addition to patios, terraces and gardens.
Thanks to the garden set, this space truly becomes an additional room for the house.
Building materials have evolved since the tables and chairs our grand-parents used to have, and one particular material stands out: resin.
Resin is indeed an incredible material for your garden furniture set:
- it’s visually appealing
- it stands well to use and weather
- it doesn’t require much care
The resin garden furniture set
This is actually a novel concept, since only recently has the garden been considered an extra room to the house. It thus becomes the target for home decoration, making it unique and cozy so that all might feel at home.
Aside from steel, plastic, wrought iron or wood garden furniture, resin has become a major player since it boasts many advantages.
- It’s very strong and resists all kinds of weather, be it scorching summer heat or wet winter frost
- Ultra-violet (UV) resistance
- Virtually no care at all, except for the occasional soaping up
- Very affordable upon purchase
- A wide array of colors and unlimited shapes are available
That’s the key to why resin garden furniture sets have started spreading to many gardens in recent years.
Caring for a resin garden furniture set
- When cleaning, avoid abrasive products as well as bleach-based detergents.
- Use a soft, non-abrasive sponge or you’ll have scratches all over the resin.
- You can find special cleaning sets specifically designed for resin garden furniture.
- Warm water with a dab of soap is an excellent cleaning solution.
Resin garden furniture in winter
If you cannot bring your garden furniture indoors:
Simply remove the cloth pillows and upholstery, and leave the furniture outside.
You’ll have understood by now that apart from its original aesthetic appeal, resin garden furniture sets are an ideal solution when purchasing a garden furniture set: very affordable, very durable!
Smart tip about resin
Note that direct skin-to-resin contact isn’t always very comfortable (especially for wicker-based sets) and it’s best to test and select a set that comes pre-equipped with pillows or upholstery.