Pozzolana is a mineral mulch extracted from volcanic rock. It is both very long lasting and extremely ornamental.
Its red brown color is also highly appealing because it changes from light to dark depending on rain and sun.
Advantages of pozzolana
Brownish-violet and very stable as seasons come and go, this mulch is perfectly suited to all kinds of beds: trees, shrubs, green plants and flowered plants, both outdoor and indoor.
- Extremely ornamental mulch
- Durable: doesn’t burn, break down, rot and does resist all types of weather (wind, rain, etc…)
- Neutral pH
- Saves on watering since it reduces evaporation
- Eliminates weed growth
- Protects against freezing
Thanks to all these advantages, you’ll spur root development and growth of your plants.
Your blooms will also be more abundant and your garden even more wonderful!
Smart tip about pozzolana
Pozzolana has a lot going for it, but it doesn’t help the soil get any richer.
As an underlayer, you can spread cocoa hulls and you’ll have the best of both worlds!
- Protecting your plants against the cold with mulch
- Various mineral mulches
- A great diversity of plant-based mulches
Image credits, own work: Rosalyn & Gaspard Lorthiois
I have a questionAsk my question
I'd like to commentPost a comment
No comments yet – be the first to share your thoughts!